I found this recipe online a while ago for a "faux" banana ice cream made with just one ingredient: frozen bananas.
Basically you cut up bananas, freeze them, and then blend them up. The recipe calls for a food processor to whip it all up in, but all I had was my blender. So I tried it out. I cut and froze two bananas, put them in the blender, and pressed go. Because there is no liquid in the ice cream, it was kind of difficult to get the whole thing going in the blender. I eventually had to add in a tiny bit of milk to give it something. It took a while, but eventually it started to come together and turn creamy and blended. Taste: pretty good actually. Its just blended up bananas so how can that be bad? Tasted really banana-y. But I liked it. Pretty good, and a cool treat. I would make it again. I added a tiny bit of chocolate into a part of it just to see how it was, and it was pretty good too. (Just fyi, my picture is different than the one on the recipe website i posted. I am sure if you let it harden it would look like that.)
So overall, pretty good! Took some time, but don't give up, it will work!
So overall, pretty good! Took some time, but don't give up, it will work!
No comments:
Post a Comment