9/27/12

Hot Fudge Sauce

hot fudge sauce Cocoa Hot Fudge Sauce

Cocoa Hot Fudge Sauce

  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of salt
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, cocoa and cream. Cook on high 2-3 minutes, until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
2. Stir in butter and cook on high 2-4 minutes more, watching closely and stirring every 30 seconds or so, until mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt.

from:  http://www.foodess.com/2011/08/cocoa-hot-fudge-sauce/


K's notes:  I used milk and it worked just fine.  The microwave went fast, so make sure to check it frequently.  Also, it was very chocolatey--almost bitter so I put in a tablespoon of corn syrup at the very end.  Maybe next time cut the cocoa amount?  SO GOOD, SO EASY.  It thickened as it cooled.  I loved it and ate it by the spoonful.  This one is a keeper!

5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment