9/18/11

Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake - Review


Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake - Recipe here



I found the recipe on Pinterest. I had some blueberries left over from school, so I decided to try it. I really liked it. A couple of changes I would make 1) I would cook in a 9x13 pan instead of 9x9. I think it might cook a bit faster, but it was pretty thick, and it puffed up a lot in the oven 2) Add a streusel topping. I just found one online and added it, and it ended up being one of the best parts. Plus, if you cook it in a 9x13 you would get more crumble per cake ratio.
The topping was:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
(Although I couldn't really taste the cinnamon, but I would still do it again.)
It isn't a sweet cake, just more like a muffin. Think I will keep it on my list.
Note - the batter is super thick, and I used a buttermilk substitute.

Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake


No comments:

Post a Comment