10/11/12

No and Yes





So going off of C's last post about things she wouldn't recommend....I tried to make homemade pudding last night. Looked easy enough right? And it totally was easy. Almost as easy as out of the box! I wanted something like the stuff you get at like Sizzler or buffets or something. It is just different than the box stuff. So I found this recipe online and tried it last night. Overall....the flavor was just different. Maybe its the cocoa powder taste? I don't know. Was better with cool whip with it. Plus, the stuff never thickened up. I ended up with chilled chocolate soup basically. Maybe will try another recipe another time just for one more shot, but wouldn't really recommend this one.

http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/2011/09/how-to-make-chocolate-pudding-from-scratch/#!

Now onto the yes. I made these a few weeks ago from a recipe I found on pinterest. I know you guys don't like pumpkin pie, but I do and these were pretty good. Easy easy easy to make, baked up really quickly, and they were little hand held quick bite snacks! I would make them again!

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes- no separate filling, just one batter, which creates a crust-like outside with a custard-like center. Top with whipped cream.http://bakingbites.com/2009/10/impossible-pumpkin-pie-cupcakes/#more-3834

No comments:

Post a Comment