12/8/12

Pumpkin Mini Muffins

Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
makes 20-24 mini muffins


 


  • 1 and 3/4 cup white-whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpking pie filling)
  • 1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 Tbsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350F.  Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg.  Set aside.  In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar.  Add the egg and stir for about 1 minute.  Add the egg yolk, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and milk.  Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry.  Stir together until just combined – do NOT overmix.
Using a small spoon, spoon the batter into the muffin tins, about 2/3 way full.  For ease, I used a small spoon sprayed with nonstick spray so that the batter easily fell off the spoon into the tin without using my fingers.
Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  While the muffins are cooling, make the coating.  Combine the sugar and cinnamon a small dish.  In a separate small dish, melt the butter. Once the muffins are relatively cool, dip into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar.


K's notes:
Very easy and very tasty!  I tried some with half whole wheat, but I think I like the original better. 
I just brushed butter on tops and then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
I used 1 T. of batter for each muffin tin and it made exactly 24 muffins.
I also only added 1 egg total.
I didn't have pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg and they were fine without.

5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment