12/8/12

Pumpkin Purree

Pumpkin Purree

I did this two ways.

First, I scooped out guts of pumpkins and cut them into manageable pieces.

The first method was in the oven.  Sprayed lined cookie sheet and then also added about a cup of water to the cookie sheet.  I covered the pumpkin and cooked 400 degrees for about 2-3 hours.  They should fork soft.

The second method was crock pot.  I sprayed the crock and put pieces in on high for 3 hours.  Easy!

Cool pieces and then use ice cream scoop to scoop out flesh.  Blend until smooth and freeze in 2 cup baggies.  Directions I read said to strain in a collander for a while to get out all liquid.  I did this but then it wouldn't blend without liquid so I ended up putting water back in to get it to blend...I don't think they are too watery.  Next time, don't strain just blend as is...

Next time try pressure cooker!!

No comments:

Post a Comment