So I know mom emailed everyone this recipe and said it was good, so I made it this week and it really is good. And really easy. I cut this recipe in half because its huge and got 2 loaves. Super easy, will probably be making it again, soon.
5 1/2 c. warm water
3 pkgs. Rapid Rise Yeast (You can use regular yeast, but you need to add it to the water and sugar and let it rise first, then add to the rest of the ingredients)
2 T. salt
3 T. sugar
11 c. flour
Mix all together in a bowl. Dough will be very wet and sticky. Spoon into 4 well-greased loaf pans. Let rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pan (about 40 min for me). Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes (depends on how hot your oven runs) - - keep an eye on it. You are looking for golden brown. Ten minutes before it is done, brush with melted butter. Makes 4 loaves. Bread will be moist at first. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Makes great toast and freezes very well.
REVIEW: Delish. Loved it. Yummy and easy. Ate almost 1 loaf the first day. I didn't let it cool the whole way before I tried some, cause warm fresh bread is so much better. Also, would have made it earlier in the day (instead of 7:30 at night) because when fresh, the edges are crunchy and its really good, and that goes away a day or 2 in when you store it in a bag. Good thing mom tried this, its a winner! 5 stars!
No comments:
Post a Comment