7/2/11

Orange Teriyaki Beef with Noodles

(BYU Culinary Class Recipe)

Prep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. -8 Servings

1 1/2 lb. beef boneless sirloin, cut into thin strips
2 cans beef broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
1/4 cup orange marmalade (I never have this, so I use a large scoop of orange juice concentrate)
3 cups snap pea pods
8 oz. uncooked extra thin spaghetti noodles

1. Spray 12 inch skillet with cooking spray. Cook beef in skillet over medium-high heat 2 - 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Remove beef from skillet, keep warm.

2. In same skillet, mix broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger root, marmalade and red pepper (this isn't in the ingredient list. I typically don't add it, but you can if you want some heat.) Heat to boiling. Stir in pea pods and noodles; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.

3. Stir in beef. Cook uncovered 2 - 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.

My Notes: I can't remember if I cook the noodles like this or before and add them cooked.

We liked this recipe and have made it several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment